QUICKTIME3 TO VIEW VIDEO
ABOVE TO VIEW HOW-TO!!!
A TRICK HINT
ALL CURRENT HINTS
This is an old school/beginner trick that is fun... It isn't very hard but does
push your balance in a new direction that you may have never tried. It is a must to
know how to do endos before you start learning this trick. It
also helps to be comfortable with infinity rolls...
But they are not required to learn sliders.
- Begin by rolling at a VERY slow pace standing on the rear pegs and holding the grips
- Do a small endo and remove your right foot from the peg and put it on top of the back
- As soon as the rear tire hits the ground turn the handlebars sideways- The left grip
(with the front brakes still squeezed!) should be pointed straight towards the seat.
- AS WELL- You are forced to remove your right hand from the right grip- So grab the nose
of the seat with your right hand and LEAN BACK slightly.
- Pull down on the back tire with your right foot as you would for a squeaker or for a squeaking track stand.
- Leave your right leg outstretched behind you for balance OR return it to the right rear
peg and use your body to balance.
- You should now be rolling backwards with the front tire sideways SLIDING across the
ground. If you come to a stop VERY quickly then you are leaning to far forward.
- To balance you adjust the handlebars slightly left to right and use your right hand (on
the seat) to push your body slightly left and right as needed.
- If you have a freecoaster (see FAQ's for info on freecoasters!) then your pedals should
be level to ride out- otherwise wait for your right pedal to start to rise towards
- When you have slowed down enough step your right foot forward onto the right pedal and
untwist the handlebars.
- Step down on the pedal and return your right hand to the right grip- pull your left foot
onto the left pedal- RIDE AWAY!
This is one of the first ways to roll straight backwards that many people learn.
You do not have to learn any crazy 180's or deal with balancing on one wheel-
But this trick is a good starting point for backwards peg wheelies (backwards
wheelies). You should also note that there are many variations of this trick-
You can spin the handlebars while rolling- or reach forward and grab the front
tire. You can go into rear wheel pogos as well as hit a decade out of them.
For a trick that isn't that hard it really can add some spice to your run to throw one
of these in the middle of it... Besides- they are fun to do!
If you have a question about this trick please feel free to e-mail
[an error occurred while processing this directive]